Following in the footsteps of Ford, which has basically done a complete turnaround, GM is regrouping with new management in place and looking to regain some lost ground in the auto market.
But how did Ford escape the total collapse that GM went through and managed to survive relatively unscathed?
GM blamed the UAW, gasoline prices and the Japanese than itself for its problems; Ford took action, says former car czar Steven Rattner. Watch the exclusive interview below.
This interview is part of our Driven Leaders series.
Watch Steven Rattner’s Full Interview HERE >
Produced by Will Wei & Kamelia Angelova.
Watch More Highlights:
• STEVE RATTNER ON THE KICKBACK SCANDAL: It’s The Most Painful Thing That’s Ever Happened To Me
• Steve Rattner: We Knew We Had To Fire GM Management From Day One
• How Steve Rattner Became The Unlikely Car Czar
• Steve Rattner: Here Is Why My Wall Street Friends Don’t Like Obama
• Steve Rattner: Here’s Why Obama Couldn’t Fire Wall Street Management And Force Companies Into Bankruptcy The Way We Did With GM
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.
Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.