[credit provider=”Sugar Pond, Flickr” url=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugarpond/275634007/”]
Stocks got destroyed today. You can read the full story about it here.Here are some key stats that are worth paying attention:
- The S&P fell exactly 6.66%
- The Dow fell exactly 5.55%
- The small-cap Russell 2000 fell over 8% (!)
- Bank of America fell nearly 20%
- This was the 4th-worst point loss and 10-th worst percentage loss ever (via Nate Silver).
- The yield on the 10-year plunged 22 basis points from 2.56% to 2.34%.
- The Dow Transports fell 7%
- The high-yield Junk Bond ETF (JNK) fell 4.25%
Again, for a full roundup of today’s action, see here.