- Disney has partnered with Coca-Cola to create “Star Wars“-inspired drinks that will be sold exclusively at its upcoming Galaxy’s Edge theme-park lands in Disney World and Disneyland Park.
- Coca-Cola, Sprite, and Diet Coke will be sold in circular containers with rustic labels, while Dasani will be packaged in slim bottles.
- The brand names on all four drinks will be written in Aurebesh, a language featured in “Star Wars” films.
- Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland Park in Anaheim,California, on May 31, and at Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, on August 29.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
Not only will you soon be able to dress like a Jedi at Disney theme parks, but you’ll also be able to eat and drink like one too.
Disney has announced that it has partnered with Coca-Cola to create “Star Wars”-themed soda and water that will be sold exclusively at the upcoming Galaxy’s Edge theme-park lands.
Special versions of Coca-Cola, Sprite, Diet Coke, and Dasani will be sold with unique packaging designs.
The three included sodas will be packaged in “spherical ‘orb’ bottles” with geometric caps, while Dasani will be packaged in slim bottles, according to a press release from Coca-Cola.
Each product will also feature a “scuffed, rusted label” to match the rugged aesthetic of “Star Wars.”
But don’t be surprised if you can’t read the labels of all four drinks. Rather than covering each bottle with brand names like “Diet Coke” and “Sprite,” these exclusive drinks are labelled in Aurebesh, a language featured in “Star Wars” films.
In a Coca-Cola press release, Scott Trowbridge, the portfolio creative executive and studio leader of Walt Disney Imagineering, said the “Star Wars”-themed bottles will help to create a more authentic experience for parkgoers.
“For over 40 years, people have been dreaming about stepping into the worlds of ‘Star Wars,'” Trowbridge said. “With ‘Star Wars’: Galaxy’s Edge, we want to give our guests the opportunity to finally make those dreams come true.”
“We’ve worked very hard to make sure that every detail feels authentic and consistent with what a real ‘Star Wars’ location would provide,” he continued.
To create the “Star Wars”-themed designs, Disney and Coca-Cola developed multiple prototypes in varying shapes and sizes over the course of three years.
Customers can buy the bottles at Galaxy’s Edge theme-park lands when they open in Disney World and Disneyland Park, but prices have not yet been released.
Each Galaxy’s Edge park will cover 14 acres of land, and include two “Star Wars”-themed rides. Visitors will also encounter characters like BB-8 and Chewbacca as they walk through.
Galaxy’s Edge in Anaheim, California, opens on May 31, and the Orlando, Florida, destination will open on August 29.
Representatives for Coca-Cola did not immediately respond to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Disney’s ‘Star Wars’ land just got an official opening date, but you’ll have to make a reservation if you want to be one of the first to see it
- All the food and drink options you’ll find at Disney’s upcoming ‘Star Wars’ lands
- Disney’s new ‘Star Wars’ ride is essentially 4 attractions in one. Here’s exactly what you can expect from ‘Rise of the Resistance.’
- We got a detailed look at Disney’s upcoming ‘Star Wars’ land. Here’s what’s inside.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.