- Sophie Turner‘s cameo in the Jonas Brothers‘ music video for “Sucker” may have been a one-time thing.
- In an interview published in The Guardian, Turner’s husband Joe Jonas said that his actor wife insisted on playing his love interest in all of the band’s videos going forward.
- “I told her I didn’t think that was possible, but we’d give her the first one,” Joe said.
- Jonas and Turner got married at an impromptu ceremony in Las Vegas last month.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
However, according to Joe Jonas, the spouse appearances may have been a one-off.
In an interview with Peter Robinson for The Guardian, Joe said that his “Game of Thrones” star wife Turner, whom he married with little pomp and circumstance in Las Vegas last month, insisted on playing his muse in all of the band’s music videos – a request that, unfortunately, he had to deny.
“Sophie was pretty adamant that she play the love interest in every music video we do from now on,” Joe told Robinson. “I told her I didn’t think that was possible, but we’d give her the first one.”
Robinson also touched on the interesting timing of their marriage, given that Turner’s “Game of Thrones” career is closing just as the next chapter of the Jonas Brothers is opening.
“We’ve definitely spoken about that,” Joe said. “It’s difficult to say goodbye to one … But it’s amazing timing that we could be starting our life together right now.”
The Jonas Brothers have been doing a lot of press in anticipation of their comeback album “Happiness Begins” – released June 7 – and their globe-trotting world tour by the same name.
In addition, the band’s documentary “Chasing Happiness,” which documents the brothers’ group therapy and decision to recombine, comes out on Amazon Prime Video on Tuesday.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.