- Sophie Turner recently reflected on some of her most iconic moments as Sansa Stark on “Game of Thrones.”
- In an interview with BBC Radio 1, interviewer Ali Plumb listed her sassiest line on the series finale – when Sansa told her uncle to sit down – as one of his favourites from the series.
- “I would hate Sansa,” Turner replied. “I would be like, ‘You hussy.'”
- “I think she’s great,” she added, “but if my niece said that to me, I’d be like, ‘Sit down and shut up.'”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Sophie Turner recently reflected on some of her most iconic moments as Sansa Stark on “Game of Thrones” – though she isn’t as enthused about one in particular as her fans are.
During an interview with BBC Radio 1 on Wednesday, movie critic Ali Plumb listed Sansa’s sassiest line on the series finale as one of his favourites from the series. In the scene, Edmure Tully makes the case for himself as king, but Sansa quickly shuts him down: “Uncle, please sit.”
“I would hate Sansa,” Turner said. “I would be like, ‘You hussy.'”
“I think she’s great,” Plumb replied.
“I think she’s great, too,” Turner added, “but if my niece said that to me, I’d be like, ‘Sit down and shut up.'”
Turner’s analysis of the scene may shock fans. Many “Thrones” enthusiasts adore Sansa for her witty one-liners, and the line is question is especially beloved.
Sansa telling a mediocre straight white man to sit the fuck down added five years to my life span
— Sam Stryker (@sbstryker) May 20, 2019
"Uncle, please sit."
— Hurmat Majid (@MajidHurmatKhi) May 20, 2019
"Please sit" ???????????? Sansa is savage
— Babes weLeg day ???????????????? (@tina_blackrose) June 6, 2019
Sansa Stark: Uncle, please sit
— Tomás (@tomiabd) June 6, 2019
"Please sit." AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SANSA with the shortest read in TV history! #DemThrones
— M’BlockU (@rodimusprime) May 20, 2019
Some fans even quote the line when reacting to real-life situations and news, especially regarding politics.
Who will be our Sansa and finally tell Biden "Uncle. Please sit."
— Sarah Walsh (@BigDamnHerosSir) May 29, 2019
*working up my Sansa Stark voice*
Uncle, please sit. https://t.co/CHqbOBzdw3
— Raj Das (@beyalora) May 31, 2019
Sansa saying “uncle please sit” is going to be me at the next family gathering when a distant uncle says some sexist shit to get a reaction out of all the women in the room.
— Maham (@lightermachis) May 20, 2019
Watch Turner’s full interview with Plumb below.
- Read more:
- 6 symbolic details you might have missed in Sansa’s coronation gown on the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fans are calling Sansa’s most memorable line from episode 2 ‘sick and disappointing’
- Sophie Turner shared a behind-the-scenes photo with her ‘Game of Thrones’ siblings, and it will make you love the Stark family even more
- A guide to the major houses on ‘Game of Thrones,’ including a final tally of who’s still alive and who’s dead
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.