- Sophie Turner appears on the cover of Glamour UK’s spring/summer 2019 issue with “Game of Thrones” co-star Maisie Williams.
- The actress, known for her role as Sansa Stark, said that she “had a bit of an identity crisis where I was playing all these people and I’d grown up faster than I probably should have done.”
- Turner said that being with fiancé Joe Jonas, who she’s set to marry in summer 2019, has made her a happier person.
- She said that the singer “loves me more than he loves himself” and “wants to see me find my own happiness.”
The “Game of Thrones” star appeared on the cover of Glamour UK’s spring/summer 2019 issue with co-star Maisie Williams and spoke candidly about how taking on mature roles at a young age negatively affected her.
“I think for the longest time I didn’t have a real sense of myself,” Turner, who was 13 when she auditioned for the role of Sansa Stark on “Game of Thrones,” said. “I had a bit of an identity crisis where I was playing all these people and I’d grown up faster than I probably should have done.”
When the HBO series premiered in April 2011, Turner was 15 years old. As her career took off and she landed a role in the “X-Men” universe as Jean Grey, the actress missed out on typical young adult experiences.
“I hadn’t been able to experience university, or just spend a lot of time with friends, so for a while, I kept thinking, ‘Who am I?'” Turner continued.
The 23-year-old said that nowadays, she’s much happier and credits it to her relationship with Jonas.
“A lot of [my happiness now] is to do with being with a person I’ve fallen in love with, who loves me more than he loves himself, and who wants to see me find my own happiness,” she said. “That was probably the biggest thing that pushed me to find who I am – and find my happiness in things other than acting.”
Turner added: “I appreciate the private moments more than the public ones; I don’t go out as much as I used to. I’m a hermit. As an actor, it’s important to be able to dissolve into a character, to maintain some sort of anonymity and it’s hard if you’re dating a Jonas brother. Well, I think they [the paparazzi] follow Joe – I’m just the tag-along!”
Turner and Jonas started dating in late 2016 and revealed their engagement in October 2017. Recently, Jonas confirmed that their wedding will take place in summer 2019.
The singer didn’t reveal too many details about the couple’s upcoming nuptials, but he revealed what he learned from his siblings’ weddings. Jonas said that unlike Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra Jonas, he’ll only have one ceremony. He also said that because Kevin Jonas and Danielle Jonas experienced a snowstorm during his wedding, he decided to hold his during a warmer time of the year.
- Read more about Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas:
- New ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ trailer shows Sophie Turner’s superhero embrace her darker powers
- Priyanka Chopra shared the sweetest message for future sister-in-law Sophie Turner on her 23rd birthday
- Joe Jonas spoofs ‘Planet Earth’ with a video of Sophie Turner tripping and falling in the snow
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.