- Sophie Turner spoke about her relationship with Joe Jonas, who she’s set to marry this summer, during an interview with Harper’s Bazaar UK.
- When asked if Jonas’ fans “hate her,” Turner said: “Yeah, I guess so. It’s better now.”
- The “Game of Thrones” star explained that his fans, many of whom have followed him since the mid-2000s as part of the Jonas Brothers, have “gotten a bit older.”
- “If I’d been dating him during the years when he was appealing to the 14-year-old crowd, it might have been a bit more hostile,” she added.
The “Game of Thrones” star spoke about her relationship with Jonas, who she’s set to marry this summer, in an interview with Harper’s Bazaar UK. When asked if her fiancé’s fans “hate her,” Turner said, “Yeah, I guess so. It’s better now.”
“His fans have gotten a bit older,” she said. “If I’d been dating him during the years when he was appealing to the 14-year-old crowd, it might have been a bit more hostile.”
Turner also said that her fans, who have been following her journey as Sansa Stark on “GoT” since she was a teenager, are “protective” of her.
“The people who watch the show are quite protective of me because they have seen me grow up,” she said. “They write to him and say, ‘If you do anything to her … if you break her heart…’ It’s sweet. I like it.”
Recently, the “X-Men” actress told Glamour UK that Jonas helped her sort through an “identity crisis.”
“A lot of [my happiness now] is to do with being with a person I’ve fallen in love with, who loves me more than he loves himself, and who wants to see me find my own happiness,” she said. “That was probably the biggest thing that pushed me to find who I am – and find my happiness in things other than acting.”
- Read more about Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas:
- Sophie Turner says she’s met enough ‘guys’ and ‘girls’ to know she’s ready for marriage at 22
- Joe Jonas revealed when he’s marrying Sophie Turner and what he learned from Nick and Kevin’s weddings
- Joe Jonas spoofs ‘Planet Earth’ with a video of Sophie Turner tripping and falling in the snow
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.