- Sophie Turner opened up about her relationship with husband Joe Jonas and revealed that they briefly broke up at one point.
- “It was the worst day of our lives,” Turner said during an interview with the Times UK. “For a second we both had cold feet, then 24 hours later we were both, like, ‘Never mind.'”
- Turner and Jonas revealed their engagement in October 2017 and recently had a spontaneous wedding in Las Vegas, Nevada, following the Billboard Music Awards.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
“It was the worst day of our lives,” Turner said during an interview with the Times UK. “For a second we both had cold feet, then 24 hours later we were both, like, ‘Never mind.'”
The “Game of Thrones” star and the singer began talking in 2016 after the musician slid into her DMs. They revealed their engagement in October 2017, got matching “Toy Story”-inspired tattoos, and share two dogs that they named Porky and Waldo.
The couple spontaneously got married in Las Vegas, Nevada, in early May 2019 following the Billboard Music Awards, which the Jonas Brothers performed at.
Throughout their relationship, Turner has spoken about her mental health and how Jonas has changed her life for the better.
“I was going through this phase of being very mentally unwell,” Turner told the Times UK. “He was, like, ‘I can’t be with you until you love yourself, I can’t see you love me more than you love yourself.’ That was something, him doing that. I think he kind of saved my life, in a way.”
The “X-Men” star also told Dr. Phil that Jonas has helped her overcome years of depression.
“I don’t think I love myself at all, but I’m now with someone that makes me realise that I do have some redeeming qualities, I suppose,” she said during an episode of his podcast titled “Phil in the Blanks.” “And when someone tells you they love you every day, it makes you really think about why that is and I think it makes you love yourself a bit more. So yeah, I love myself.”
In addition, Turner told Harper’s Bazaar UK that she credits “a lot” of her happiness to Jonas, who loves me more than he loves himself, and who wants to see me find my own happiness.”
Although they have already tied the knot in Vegas, Turner and Jonas are expected to have a formal ceremony in France this summer.
- Read more about Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas:
- Sophie Turner says that Joe Jonas made the first move by sliding into her DMs ‘out of the blue’
- Sophie Turner says fiancé Joe Jonas helped her sort through an ‘identity crisis’
- Sophie Turner bucked a big wedding tradition and wore a jumpsuit to marry Joe Jonas in a surprise Vegas ceremony
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.