- Sophie Turner appeared on CBS’ “The Late Late Show With James Corden” on Wednesday and opened up about the first time she met celebrity crush Justin Bieber.
- The “Game of Thrones” and “Dark Phoenix” actress said that she met him while visiting someone’s house in Miami with now-fiancé Joe Jonas.
- When Turner first crossed paths with the “Sorry” singer, she “played it cool” and “ran into the closet and like cried for like, five minutes.”
- But when she was properly introduced to him later that day, she made a gesture with her hands and tongue and Jonas ushered her out of the room.
- “Joe has never let me live it down since,” Turner said.
While appearing on CBS’ “The Late Late Show With James Corden” on Wednesday, Turner revealed what happened when she met the “Love Yourself” singer in Miami. The “Dark Phoenix” actress said that they crossed paths at a house in Florida.
“I go upstairs and he’s sat there shirtless in this dark room getting a head massage,” she recalled. “And I was like, ‘Oh my God! This is amazing!'”
Turner added that she initially “played it cool” and greeted him – then “ran into the closet and cried for like, five minutes.”
She went on to say that when Bieber saw Joe Jonas – Turner’s current fiancé – she was introduced to the singer and made an inappropriate gesture with her hands and tongue.
Turner added that “Joe has never let me live it down since” and he ushered her out of the room. The actress said that in her defence, “that can’t be the strangest thing that someone’s done to him [Bieber].”
Watch Turner recall the experience in the video below.
Prior to telling her embarrassing story, Turner explained that when she was 16 years old, her mother made her a life-size cardboard cutout using photos of her and Bieber – aa a gift after she completed a major exam.
Turner said that she “fell up the stairs” and cried after receiving the present.
“I don’t want to brag, but I’m kind of in love with Justin Bieber,” she added.
Fans of Turner know that she hasn’t been shy about her love for the Canadian singer. In 2012, the actress proclaimed that she was a “proud Belieber” (the name given to Bieber’s fanbase) on Twitter and joked that she contributed to millions of views on his “Boyfriend” music video.
— Sophie Turner (@SophieT) May 5, 2012
More recently, in 2017, Turner said that she is hoping that Bieber will guest-star on “Game of Thrones” – especially since Ed Sheeran appeared on one episode of the HBO series as a treat for co-star Maisie Williams, who is a huge fan of the British singer.
“I was kind of mad because I’ve been talking about Bieber coming on the show for a while now,” Turner told “Entertainment Tonight.” “But it’s fine, I’m over it.”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.