Photo: Flickr via flem007_uk
There’s no shortage of musings on how we should spend and save, but SmithMag.com‘s recent call for six-word money rules got our antennae buzzing. Can you really condense all your feelings about college loan debt, underwater mortgages and costly medical bills into six little words?
Maybe, maybe not, but after being inspired by personal finance advisor Jean Chatzky’s new book, Money Rules, SmithMag asked its readers to try.
We’ve posted a few of our favourite submissions from the site below. Share yours in the comments!
1. Save by living beneath your means.—Kathleen
2. Fewer things, fewer worries, more money.—The Frugallery
3. Taxed. Spent. Nickeled and dimed daily.—Contemplative
4. Don’t pay for other people’s mistakes.—Kellie Freedom
5. House upside-down? Make basement your attic.—Loon
6. Is this debt worth the stress?—Heather
7. Monopoly taught me everything I know.—jj333
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.