- Michigan ended Loyola’s Cinderella run with a strong second-half performance.
- Loyola led by 7 points at the half, but the Wolverines went on a 47-28 run in the second half.
- After the game, social media was quick to give Sister Jean the Crying Jordan treatment, because Twitter gonna Twitter.
Loyola-Chicago’s Cinderella run came to an end on Saturday night with a 69-57 loss to Michigan in the Final Four.
After the game we quickly learned that nobody is safe from the Crying Jordan meme as multiple Twitter users were quick to use it on the most likeable of all March Madness stars, Sister Jean.
First up was ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
Sorry, Sister Jean. pic.twitter.com/pFP1x7WWim
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) April 1, 2018
They even had Sister Jean holding the “L.”
Poor, Sister Jean.
Sister Jean holding that 'L' pic.twitter.com/2D61uL7H9R
— BLACK ADAM SCHEFTER (@B1ackSchefter) April 1, 2018
The internet can be a cruel, cruel world.
More March Madness:
- Here is an updated look at the March Madness bracket with live scores
- Loyola-Chicago is just the latest Cinderella team to make a deep run in the tournament – here is how the others fared
- Sister Jean – the surprise star of March Madness – now has her own bobblehead and fans are going nuts for them
- The cheapest way to watch March Madness if you don’t have cable
- Here’s your complete guide to when and where to watch March Madness
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.