Sinead O’Connor was reportedly taken to a hospital days after her son’s death

Sinead O'Connor
  • Sinead O’Connor was reportedly taken to a hospital days after her son’s death. 
  • She tweeted that she was with “with cops now on way to hospital” on Thursday afternoon, the New York Post reported
  • O’Connor’s son, Shane, was found dead on January 7 after going missing from a hospital.

Sinead O’Connor was taken to a hospital days after her son’s death, according to multiple reports. 

The Irish singer-songwriter said she was “with cops now on way to hospital” Thursday afternoon in one since-deleted tweet, the New York Post reported

O’Connor reportedly posted multiple tweets saying she was going to “follow” her son, 17-year-old Shane O’Connor, according to the Post.

The tweets have since been deleted. 

O’Connor later apologized for the thread. 

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I am with cops now on way to hospital. I’m sorry I upset everyone. I am lost without my kid and I hate myself. Hospital will help a while. But I’m going to find Shane. This is just a delay,” the Irish singer posted to Twitter Thursday, according to the Post.

Shane O’Connor’s body was found on January 7 after going missing while on suicide watch in a hospital, Insider previously reported. He was hospitalized for two prior failed suicide attempts. 

“My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God,” the O’Connor tweeted on January 7. 

“May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace.” 

Representatives for O’Connor were unable to comment on the reports. 

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.