- The pop star Sia reportedly spent Wednesday purchasing items for shoppers in Palm Springs, California.
- A woman going by the name of “Cici” paid for numerous shoppers’ purchases at a Walmart store, according to the local station KESQ.
- KESQ reported that the woman also paid for customers at a TJ Maxx store down the street.
- Sign up for Business Insider’s retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The pop star Sia reportedly surprised a handful of lucky Walmart and TJ Maxx shoppers in Palm Springs, California, on Wednesday.
KESQ reported that a woman who asked to be called “Cici” jumped from register to register, paying shoppers’ bills at Walmart and TJ Maxx. The ABC affiliate, which covers the Inland Empire area of Southern California, said the woman claimed to have just won the lottery.
Walmart did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment on Thursday.
— GEDEON | 1+1 ???? (@siafurlerfanpg) November 28, 2019
Footage from KESQ shows “Cici” paying shoppers’ bills, complimenting babies, and accepting bouquets during her pre-Thanksgiving trip to Walmart. According to KESQ, shoppers also witnessed Sia paying for shoppers down the road at TJ Maxx.
I’m crying bc she bought me stuff at TJ maxx and whole bunch of other people and then went to Walmart to buy more people stuff? What a fucking ANGEL ???????? we don’t deserve sia????
— dom$ (@duhduhdomeno) November 28, 2019
- Read more about Black Friday:
- Here’s when stores will open their doors for Black Friday sales
- Shoppers are set to spend a record-setting $US4.4 billion online on Thanksgiving Day, despite Instagram and Facebook outages
- The best Black Friday store sales of 2019 – from big-box retailers like Best Buy and Target to startups like Casper and Brooklinen
- Black Friday is dying, and the rise of Cyber Monday may be to blame