- A new jumper from UK-based company FatFace is making headlines thanks to its pattern, which some shoppers have said looks like a “line of boobs.”
- The $US82 (£56) Felicity Fair Isle Sweater has been the subject of much discussion on the company’s website, as well as the popular UK parenting forum mumsnet.
- FatFace has taken it all in stride, announcing that it will donate 10% of all proceeds from the sweater to CoppaFeel!, a London-based breast cancer awareness charity.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As temperatures begin to dip, many are using the cold weather as an excuse to add new jackets and coats to their winter wardrobe. But one new jumper from a UK-based company is turning heads – and making headlines.
But some eagle-eyed shoppers have noted that the jumper’s design actually looks like a “line of boobs.”
The fair isle pattern appears on both the neckline and across the chest of the ivory jumper, which FatFace describes on its site as having a “cosy woolen blend fabric” and “seamless raglan sleeves.”
Many took to mumsnet, a popular UK parenting forum, to discuss the pattern after one member linked to the jumper under a new topic titled, “It’s not just me is it? This jumper…“
“Maybe they did [it] for the niche market of those who think knitwear isn’t complete without a line of boobs across it,” the original poster wrote.
“Cannot be unseen,” another commenter added. “I look forward to observing those jumpers in the wild.”
“More titwear than knitwear,” one joked.
But despite all of the jokes surrounding the pattern, one commenter added that they’d “still wear it.”
Many shoppers also discussed the jumper’s eye-catching design on FatFace’s UK website.
“Nothing I like more than images of melons on my melons!” one commenter wrote in a review.
“Wow, that’s a lot of boobs! My baby would love it!” another quipped.
“This felicity Fair Isle jumper really is FABOOBULOUS!!” yet another commenter joked.
But FatFace is taking it all in stride, posting a photo of the sweater on its official Facebook page with some of the funniest reviews written across it.
FatFace even edited the jumper’s description on its website, writing: “Say hello to the sweater everyone is talking about! Selected by top stylist Angie Smith for its super soft yarn and classic fair isle design, some of our eagle-eyed reviewers have also spotted a boob or two!”
“Whilst booby bunting wasn’t quite the look our designers were going for, we’re embracing it,” the company wrote.
FatFace announced it will also donate 10% of all sales from the sweater to CoppaFeel!, a London-based breast cancer awareness charity.
Representatives for FatFace did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Kurt Cobain’s iconic ‘Unplugged’ unwashed cardigan sold for a record-breaking $US334,000
- A woman’s ‘please hide packages from my husband’ doormat went viral after UPS honoured her request
- ‘Gilmore Girls’ fans can eat lunch at Lorelai’s house in Stars Hollow this winter
- Black Friday is coming – here are the 5 best things to buy and 6 things you should skip