The music-identification app Shazam has revealed a list of the songs that people asked its service to identify the most this summer.
Globally, the most Shazamed song of the season was Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s “Despacito,” which was also the most-streamed song of the summer, according to Spotify. In July, “Despacito” was named the most-streamed song of all time.
In a statement, Shazam’s global head of content Julian Marshall said “summer 2017 will be remembered for the worldwide impact of Latin songs”:
“‘Despacito’ was already doing well on Shazam when Justin Bieber jumped on the remix – bringing it to a whole new audience. The track sat at the top of our Worldwide Chart for thirteen weeks. J Balvin & Willy William had a Worldwide #1 over the summer too. ‘Mi Gente’ grew to become one of the other defining songs of the summer and has now been at the top of our charts for more than a month.”
These were the top 10 most Shazamed songs in the world this summer:
1. Luis Fonsi Feat. Daddy Yankee – “Despacito”
2. Charlie Puth – “Attention”
3. Calvin Harris Feat. Pharrell Williams & Katy Perry & Big Sean – “Feels”
4. J Balvin & Willy William – “Mi Gente”
5. DJ Khaled Feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller – “Wild Thoughts”
6. Harry Styles – “Sign Of The Times”
7. Shawn Mendes – “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back”
8. Imagine Dragons – “Thunder”
9. French Montana Feat. Swae Lee – “Unforgettable”
10. Jonas Blue Feat. William Singe – “Mama”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.