- Shaquille O’Neal got mad at Charles Barkley on Tuesday for taking up all of the speaking time during a segment on “Inside the NBA.”
- Amid threats to knock out Barkley, O’Neal said, “It’s supposed to be 1, 2, 3, not 1, 2, 1,” referring to the speaking order.
- The comment sent the show off the rails, as host Ernie Johnson laughed so hard he had to leave the desk.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Shaquille O’Neal once again went after Charles Barkley on “Inside the NBA,” this time over Barkley getting selfish with his speaking time during a segment.
During a three-minute, timed segment where the cast, including Kenny Smith, debated a topic, Barkley spoke first, then Smith, then Barkley took the reins again. By the time they got to O’Neal, there were only 30 seconds left.
O’Neal refused to speak, telling host Ernie Johnson to go back to “know-it-all.” That’s when things went off the rails.
Barkley called O’Neal “Mr. Sensitive,” to which O’Neal responded: “I ain’t Mr. Sensitive. I’m gonna knock your arse out.”
“It’s supposed to be 1, 2, 3, not 1, 2, 1,” O’Neal said of the speaking order. It was that line that sent Johnson into hysterics.
While O’Neal continued to threaten Barkley, all while Barkley laughed, Johnson even had to leave the desk momentarily.
Watch the squabble below, or as NBA on TNT dubbed it, “Shaq vs. Chuck episode 253,739,088.”
Shaq vs. Chuck episode 253,739,088 ???? pic.twitter.com/PzPEhdYOWI
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) May 1, 2019
- Read more:
- Charles Barkley said Jared Kushner sneaked him into the White House to talk about trade schools after Barkley said he didn’t want to see Trump
- 2 plays show how Stephen Curry still terrifies opponents and makes the Warriors offence click
- How Giannis Antetokounmpo’s jaw-dropping work ethic made him unlike anyone the NBA has ever seen
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.