Sarah Jessica Parker says there won't be a third 'Sex and the City' movie: 'It's over'

Sorry, “Sex and the City” fans.

On Thursday, Sarah Jessica Parker confirmed that there won’t be another movie, in an interview with Extra.

Last year, rumours spread that another “Sex and the City” movie was in the works. But this week, the rumours changed tone, and said the project wasn’t moving forward because of the demands of “Sex and the City” star Kim Cattrall, who is famous for playing Samantha Jones.

When asked about the rumours of the franchise officially being over, Parker told Extra:

“It’s over. We’re not doing it. I’m disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story. It’s not just disappointing that we don’t get to tell the story and have that experience, but more so for that audience that has been so vocal in wanting another movie.”

But this might be a good thing for fans who have been burned before. “Sex and the City 2,” which came out in 2010, got a 16% rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 43% per cent audience rating.

Still, it’s the end of an era.

If you need a “Sex and the City” fix, you can watch the entire series on HBO Go or HBO Now. And if Sarah Jessica Parker is what you’re looking for, you can watch her on season two of HBO’s “Divorce” in 2018.

NOW WATCH: Briefing videos

Business Insider Emails & Alerts

Site highlights each day to your inbox.

Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.