Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders Vermont remains the most popular senator in the country, according to a new poll from Morning Consult. The former Democratic presidential candidate earned 63% of support from Vermont voters.
Meanwhile, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is the most unpopular senator in the country. The senior Kentucky senator earned only 30% approval from voters in the Bluegrass State.
The Morning Consult rankings are based on a survey of more than 330,000 registered voters between April 1 and June 30.
The five least and five most popular senators are:
LEAST POPULAR: 1. Kentucky Republican Mitch McConnell
2. Arizona Republican Jeff Flake
3. Arizona Republican John McCain
4. Missouri Democrat Claire McCaskill
5. North Dakota Democrat Heidi Heitkamp
MOST POPULAR: 1. Vermont Independent Bernie Sanders
2. South Dakota Republican John Thune
3. Minnesota Democrat Amy Klobuchar
4. South Dakota Republican Mike Rounds
5. Rhode Island Democrat Jack Reed
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.