Price of Oil & Commodities
- Expert Roundtable: So far the price of oil has not significantly reflected the turmoil in the Middle East because the oil traders have felt that the petro-regimes will be brutal and crush the protests with superior force. After the recent reversal in fortune for the protesters in Bahrain, and the news getting out of large scale protests despite the colossal massacre in Libya, how realistic is it to assume that the petro-regimes will be successful in quelling protests? To some extent, Iran has been successful to date. If the commodity markets sense that the protesters are gaining the upper hand, even in petro-regimes, what happens to the price of oil and other commodities? [ To participate in Expert Roundtable visit ATCA 24/7 on Yammer ]
- Expert Roundtable: Will Saudi Arabia be touched by the pro-revolutionary developments in Bahrain, Kuwait, Iran, Yemen, Syria, Jordan, Libya, Algeria, Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia? [ To participate in Expert Roundtable visit ATCA 24/7 on Yammer ]
- China: ‘we want food, we want work, we want housing, we want fairness’ – police break up ‘protests’ after online appeal http://ow.ly/3ZQx5
- China tries to stop ‘Jasmine Revolution’ of Mid-East: detains activists, stops mobile texting, censors internet search… http://ow.ly/3ZQD4
- Expert Roundtable: What happens if China is unable to oppress and the online calls for a Jasmine revolution in China ultimately become too prolific to counter? [ To participate in Expert Roundtable visit ATCA 24/7 on Yammer ]
- “I condemn the violence in Libya, including reports of the use of heavy weapons fire and a unit of snipers against demonstrators… this is clearly unacceptable and horrifying.” – William Hague, Foreign Secretary, United Kingdom
- Libya: Mapping Pro-Democracy Protests in Real Time: Map created by compiling reports from trusted accounts on Twitter… shows multiple flash points across the country.
- Libya inches down dark path; both sides escalate violence; eastern parts disintegrate into fiercest most savage fighting http://ow.ly/3ZIBk
- Horrific developments in Libya: Snipers shoot protesters, artillery and helicopter gunships are being used against crowds of demonstrators.
- Libya: While the world’s focused on Bahrain with 1/10th the population of Libya, the atrocities being committed in Libya are now horrific…
- Benghazi, Libya: hospital official says 200 dead; special commandos, foreign mercenaries & loyalists mixture responsible http://ow.ly/3ZQoN
- Libyan journalist: Some $500/day mercenary shock troops have been killed or captured. Vicious killers come from Chad etc. Libyans terrified.
- Libyan protesters risk ‘suicide’ by army hands: Gaddafi confronts serious challenge by unleashing army on unarmed protest http://ow.ly/3ZFG4
- Libya: after regime opponents used Facebook to mobilise protests, like Egypt, site was blocked on Saturday; internet connections are patchy
- Bahrain, Libya, Yemen – anti-Govt. protests continue – security forces in Libya and Yemen carry out more deadly shootings http://ow.ly/3ZQT8
- UK & France halt security equipment exports to Bahrain, Libya: UK Foreign Sec Hague alarmed soldiers fired on protesters http://ow.ly/3ZGe3
- ATCA: We salute the excellence of NY Times’s Nick Kristof, who let the world know of the brutality in Bahrain. Well done! http://ow.ly/3ZDyI
- Bahrain: crown prince orders removal of military from Pearl square; says citizens permitted stay in the spot without fear http://ow.ly/3ZD8P
- Bahraini police surrenders to protesters as large crowds return to Manama’s Pearl Square after removing barbed wires… http://ow.ly/3ZBcX
- From Libya to Bahrain, Mideast autocracy under fire: After Egypt set Arab imaginations alight, autocrats face an assault http://ow.ly/3Zw2z
- Expert Roundtable: Tunisia and Egypt followed a more lenient model; Bahrain, Yemen and Libya are following a more violent model; so far the protesters appear to be undaunted despite severe loss of life and limb. What happens next? [ To participate in Expert Roundtable visit ATCA 24/7 on Yammer ]
- Kuwait: 20 hurt in peaceful demo as it snowballed into violent confrontation with about 1,500 special security forces… http://ow.ly/3ZPRn
- Oman protesters call for democracy, more jobs: about 300 people demand political reforms, better pay in peaceful protest http://ow.ly/3ZWr4
- Algerian opposition leader Tahar Besbes badly injured during pro-democracy rally when riot police clash with protesters. http://ow.ly/3ZW9K
- Moroccans want to reign in royal powers: 2,000 protesters gather in Rabat square to demand king gives up some of powers. http://ow.ly/3ZW0w
Syria & Djibouti
- Protest shockwaves hit Syria: ‘People will not be humiliated’ Djibouti opposition supporters: president Guelleh step down http://ow.ly/3ZPuC
Dictators’ response to demos? Cut internet > Suspend trains & buses > Open fire > Use thugs > Offer concessions > When all fails, flee!
Expert roundtables are the newly launched ATCA 24/7 Q&A private exclusive club service. They seek to become the killer application in strategic intelligence by delivering an unprecedented competitive advantage to our distinguished members. They can only be accessed online at https://www.yammer.com/atca
Q1: How to become a privileged member of ATCA 24/7 to participate in the expert roundtables?
A1: i. If you are a distinguished member of ATCA 5000, ATCA Open, The Philanthropia or HQR affiliated groups you may be allowed to become a privileged member of this new and exclusive private club.
ii. If you are pre-invited, visit the private intelligence network — PIN — by going to https://www.yammer.com/atca [Note: In https:// ‘s’ is for security and encryption]
iii. If you don’t have membership of the PIN yet, email the mi2g Intelligence Unit at [email protected] for an exclusive invitation.
Q2: How to participate in the expert roundtables and get domain-specific strategic intelligence questions answered?
A2: Access the ATCA 24/7 Private Intelligence Network — PIN — online and ask or answer a strategic intelligence question, no matter how complex. Receive expert answers within 24 hours or get pointers from:
i. ATCA 5000 experts who are online;
ii. ATCA Research and Analysis Wing; and
iii. mi2g Intelligence Unit.
Q3: Why is the ATCA 24/7 Q&A Exclusive Club special?
A3: ATCA 24/7 has now created an exclusive private intelligence watering hole and expert roundtable at the highest level where interesting and sophisticated questions are being asked from around the world, and intelligent answers are being provided, almost always by experts who have deep domain-specific knowledge. Come and check out the exclusive club, take it for a strategic test drive, which sign-of-intelligent life are you waiting for?
We welcome your thoughts, observations and views.
All the best
Chairman and Founder: mi2g.net, ATCA, The Philanthropia, HQR, @G140
To connect directly with:
. DK Matai: http://twitter.com/DKMatai
. Open HQR: http://twitter.com/OpenHQR
. ATCA Open: http://twitter.com/ATCAOpen
. @G140: http://twitter.com/G140
. mi2g: http://twitter.com/intunit
— ATCA, The Philanthropia, mi2g, HQR, @G140 —
This is an “ATCA Open, Philanthropia and HQR Socratic Dialogue.”
The “ATCA Open” network on LinkedIn and Facebook is for professionals interested in ATCA’s original global aims, working with ATCA step-by-step across the world, or developing tools supporting ATCA’s objectives to build a better world.
The original ATCA — Asymmetric Threats Contingency Alliance — is a philanthropic expert initiative founded in 2001 to resolve complex global challenges through collective Socratic dialogue and joint executive action to build a wisdom based global economy. Adhering to the doctrine of non-violence, ATCA addresses asymmetric threats and social opportunities arising from climate chaos and the environment; radical poverty and microfinance; geo-politics and energy; organised crime & extremism; advanced technologies — bio, info, nano, robo & AI; demographic skews and resource shortages; pandemics; financial systems and systemic risk; as well as transhumanism and ethics. Present membership of the original ATCA network is by invitation only and has over 5,000 distinguished members from over 120 countries: including 1,000 Parliamentarians; 1,500 Chairmen and CEOs of corporations; 1,000 Heads of NGOs; 750 Directors at Academic Centres of Excellence; 500 Inventors and Original thinkers; as well as 250 Editors-in-Chief of major media.
The Philanthropia, founded in 2005, brings together over 1,000 leading individual and private philanthropists, family offices, foundations, private banks, non-governmental organisations and specialist advisors to address complex global challenges such as countering climate chaos, reducing radical poverty and developing global leadership for the younger generation through the appliance of science and technology, leveraging acumen and finance, as well as encouraging collaboration with a strong commitment to ethics. Philanthropia emphasises multi-faith spiritual values: introspection, healthy living and ecology. Philanthropia Targets: Countering climate chaos and carbon neutrality; Eliminating radical poverty — through micro-credit schemes, empowerment of women and more responsible capitalism; Leadership for the Younger Generation; and Corporate and social responsibility.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.