- A Seattle man broke into a financial office earlier this month, but was foiled by his own ravenous hunger for chocolate.
- The unidentified 44-year old snuck into an office building on October 3.
- While roaming a financial office, the man stumbled upon a glass bowl filled with gourmet chocolate. The man ate $US200 worth of chocolate before becoming so tired he removed his shoes and jacket and laid down on an office couch.
- When security arrived the man was still lying on the couch. The intruder briefly resisted arrest and yelled “You’ll have to kill me to take me to jail,” but he quickly gave up.
- Visit Insider.com for more stories.
A man attempting to break into a financial building earlier this month was thwarted by his own gluttonous appetite.
The unnamed 44-year-old man snuck into a downtown Seattle office building just before 7 p.m. on October 3, according to a Seattle Police blotter, took the elevator up to a financial services office, and shook the doors open. An employee in the office at the time saw the man and hid.
The suspect then went into an office, moved a painting on the wall, and discovered his Kryptonite – a glistening glass bowl filled with gourmet chocolates. The hidden employee saw the man make his way over to the bowl and scarf down the treats. He ate an estimated $US200 worth of luxury chocolates. And then, in the midst of an apparent sugar coma, he took a nap.
“You’ll have to kill me to take me to jail”
By the time security arrived on the scene, the man had reportedly stripped off his shoes, jacket, and watch and was sprawled out on an office couch. When security attempted to remove him from the office, the man reportedly yelled, “you’ll have to kill me to take me to jail,” but he quickly gave up.
The man was arrested on suspicion of burglary, malicious mischief and two other warrants.
The Seattle Police Department did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment about the man.
- Read more:
- The most ridiculous law in every state
- BIZARRE CRIME OF THE DAY: These Criminals Planned The Crime, But Not The Getaway
- 9 of the most outrageous liquor laws in the US
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.