- SearsPlus is a new membership program costing $US99 annually that offers members 20% off clothing, free tire repair, and steep discounts on other car, plumbing, and appliance services.
- The program launched recently in select markets and will roll out nationally in the coming months, a Sears executive told Business Insider.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Sears is launching a paid membership program that offers steep discounts on car services, clothing, appliances, plumbing services, and more.
The program, called Sears Plus, launched recently in select markets and will roll out nationally in the coming months, said Rob Gerlach, divisional vice president of member relationship management at Sears parent company Transformco.
The cost of the program is $US99 annually. By comparison, Amazon Prime – which offers free, two-day delivery and a host of media content – costs $US119 annually. Target’s free delivery program, called Shipt, costs $US99 annually.
Sears Plus is more focused on discounts than shipping, though it does offer free delivery and haul-aways of large appliances and mattresses. Sears also offers free delivery for all shoppers for most online purchases costing more than $US59.
The program also focuses on services that not many other department stores or big-box retailers offer, such as tire repair and appliance maintenance.
Here’s everything Sears Plus offers:
- Free tire repair.
- Free delivery and haul-away of appliances and mattresses.
- 50% off car services. This includes oil changes, air filter replacement and installation, tire installation, Diehard battery installation, wiper blades and installation, and wheel alignment.
- 20% off clothing, shoes, bedding, and bath items.
- $US20% back (in the form of a check) on major appliances and heating and cooling systems.
- $US20% back (in the form of a check) on maintenance and plumbing services. This includes preventative maintenance provided by Sears Home Services and plumbing, electrical or handyman services provided through ServiceLive up to a maximum of $US100 per event.
The company estimates that shoppers could save at least $US600 in a single year if they take advantage of some of its offerings. The company’s calculation assumes that a member would spend about $US500 (before the discounts) on clothing, shoes, and bedding, and use the discounted car and appliance delivery services.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.