NBC had so much trouble selling its Super Bowl ad inventory that it’s going to run house ads from its parent company, GE, and Hulu, its Web video joint venture with News Corp.
But apparently, NBC is not desperate enough to run the below-embedded ad from PETA. NBC told the animal-rights activist organisation “depicts a level of sexuality exceeding our standards.”
PETA says NBC’s specific list of complaints were that the commercial included:
- licking pumpkin
- touching her breast with her hand while eating broccoli
- pumpkin from behind between legs
- rubbing pelvic region with pumpkin
- screwing herself with broccoli (fuzzy)
- asparagus on her lap appearing as if it is ready to be inserted into vagina
- licking eggplant
- rubbing asparagus on breast
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.