Photo: Flickr/Heather Cowper
The healthiest meal in the world is loaded with Omega-3 fish oils, muscle-building proteins and brain-boosting vitamins and minerals. The Daily Mail reports that scientists at the Leatherhead Food Research have whipped up a three-course meal that satisfies 222 health claims used in food marketing and advertising and were recently approved by the European Food Safety Authority to have scientific basis.
Here’s a look at the super-healthy meal:
- Fresh and smoked salmon terrine (good for brain and heart function)
- Mixed leaf salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil dressing (for maintaining cholesterol)
- High-fibre multigrain bread roll
- Chicken casserole with lentils and mixed vegetables (good for iron absorption)
- Live yogurt-based blancmange topped with walnuts and a sugar-free caramel-flavored sauce (good for digestion and blood glucose control)
The menu also includes charcoal tablets to reduce excessive gas and a mixed berry sports drinks that’s packed with vitamins and electrolytes.
The meal was originally conceived as the perfect airline meal, but can still be enjoyed at home.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.