- Pete Davidson joined Colin Jost and Michael Che for “Weekend Update” during NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” to talk about the controversies surrounding R. Kelly.
- Davidson called Kelly a “monster” before comparing the rapper’s supporters to those of the Catholic Church.
- “If you support the Catholic Church, isn’t that like the same thing as being an R. Kelly fan?” Davidson said. “I don’t really see the difference, only like one’s music is significantly better.”
- Kelly is currently facing sexual abuse charges, while the Catholic Church has been hit with multiple abuse charges throughout the years.
- Davidson also used his time to hit back at people criticising his age difference with new girlfriend Kate Beckinsale by pointing out actors in relationships with big age gaps, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Jeff Goldblum, and Harrison Ford.
- Watch the full clip below.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.