Photo: AP Images
It’s well known that French President Nicholas Sarkozy likes to live lavishly; remember when he installed a $400,000 shower in Paris’ Grand Palace?Now, his opulent taste has spread to his presidential plane, an $82 million Airbus 330 that was recently revamped to the tune of $410 million, according to The Daily Mail (via AOL Travel).
Here are the best new perks on Air France One:
- A pair of electric ovens that cost $107,000
- An en-suite double bedroom
- A Nespresso machine
- A state-of-the-art entertainment system and DVD player, at Carla Bruni’s insistence
- A set of $1.6 million electric shutters for the Sarkozys’ cabin
- Another $1 million was spent sealing the door to Sarkozy’s on-board office and creating extra storage space for his files
- A missile defence system
- A medical room
- A conference room that seats 12 and has a special “high” chair for the President
Bruni and Sarkozy also spent nearly $100,000 on a Bastille Day garden party that was called off, according to the auditor’s report obtained by The Daily Mail.
DON’T MISS: The Best Island Getaways In The World >
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.