- Samsung‘s Galaxy Note 10 smartphone is being revealed on August 7.
- Recent rumours finally paint a convincing picture of the upcoming Galaxy Note 10, including design, specs, and even details of a brand new second variant of the device called the Galaxy Note 10 “Pro” or “Plus.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Samsung is set to unveil the Galaxy Note 10 at its Unpacked event on Wednesday.
Recently, some major rumours have emerged regarding the specs of the Galaxy Note 10, as well as a supposed larger model called the Galaxy Note 10 “Pro” or “Plus.”
Check out what we’re expecting for the Galaxy Note 10 so far:
Supposedly official Samsung renders of the Galaxy Note 10 were leaked by reliable sources.
You can check out a number of images of the supposedly official Samsung renders from reliable gadget leaker Ashan Agarwal’s tweet below, as well as German tech site WinFuture, which has also provided reliable leaks in the past.
AND HERE IT IS! Your first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note10 Silver and Black colour option images! Isn't the gradient just amazing? I'm so loving the design, what about you? *Please credit if you use, not using watermarks.* #Samsung #GalaxyNote10 #GalaxyNote10 #Unpacked pic.twitter.com/emW36lApaw
— Ishan Agarwal (@ishanagarwal24) July 10, 2019
The three major things we can tell from this supposed leak include:
- The Galaxy Note 10 will come with Samsung’s “Infinity O” display, which is similar to the display on the Galaxy S10.
- There’s no fingerprint sensor on the back of the device in the render, so it’s likely the Galaxy Note 10 will come with Samsung’s in-display fingerprint sensor.
- The Galaxy Note 10 will have a triple-lens camera system.
Here are the supposed specs, according to three of the most reliable gadget leakers on the internet.
- The Galaxy Note 10 will run on Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 855 Plus chip, which is a slightly more powerful version of the Snapdragon 855 chip that premium flagship Android smartphones have included in their 2019 models.
- It will have a 6.3-inch AMOLED display with Samsung’s “Infinity O” selfie camera cutout.
- There will be three cameras, including a standard camera, an ultra-wide camera, and a zoom lens.
- The battery will be 3,600mAh.
- The Galaxy Note 10 will have the latest and fastest technology in storage, called “UFS 3.0.”
According to my sources:#GalaxyNote10 = 6.3-inch Infinity-O AMOLED, SD855+ or Exynos9825 (7nm), 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM, 12MP Wide + 16MP Ultra Wide + 12MP Zoom, 3600mAh with 45W charging + 15W PowerShare + 25W charger, UFS3.0, S-Pen with "Air Actions" gestures.
— Steve H.McFly (@OnLeaks) July 23, 2019
The Galaxy Note 10 will come with significant charger upgrades from previous Samsung phones.
The 25W charger that was included in aforementioned leaks is an upgrade over the 15W chargers that came with previous Galaxy Note models.
The Galaxy Note 10 will also supposedly support 45W charging, which is insane. To put that into perspective, the charger that came with the Dell XPS 13 laptop I’m using now delivers 45W of power.
And 15W of Power Share – where the Note 10 can wireless charge another phone off its back – is a significant improvement in charging speeds from the Galaxy S10’s Power Share, which is notoriously slow.
Rumours are saying that Samsung announce a new “Pro” or “Plus” version of the Galaxy Note 10.
For the first time, there may be a second variant of a Samsung Galaxy Note phone.
The Galaxy Note 10 “Pro” or “Plus” is pretty similar to the supposed specs on the Galaxy Note 10. Here’s what’s different.
- A 6.8-inch AMOLED display with Samsung’s Infinity O selfie camera cutout.
- A fourth “ToF” depth sensing camera lens.
- A 4,300mAh battery.
According to my sources:#GalaxyNote10Plus = 6.8-inch Infinity-O AMOLED, SD855+ or Exynos9825 (7nm), 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM, 12MP Wide + 16MP Ultra Wide + 12MP Zoom + DepthVison ToF, 4300mAh with 45W charging + 15W PowerShare + 25W charger, UFS3.0, S-Pen with "Air Actions" gestures.
— Steve H.McFly (@OnLeaks) July 23, 2019
The Galaxy Note 10 “Pro” or “Plus” has a fourth camera lens, but it’s only to enhance features like portrait mode photos.
The fourth camera lens listed in Hemmerstoffer’s tweet is a “ToF” (time of flight) lens, which is designed to help with adding depth to photo modes like portrait mode.
The Galaxy Note 10 will be expensive.
So far, price estimates for the Galaxy Note 10 are suggesting that it won’t be cheaper than the Galaxy Note 9.
The Note 9 started at $US1,000, so that’s a likely starting point for the Galaxy Note 10’s price tag.
As for the Galaxy Note 10 “Pro” or “Plus,” it’s likely to be more expensive than the standard Galaxy Note 10.
Lots of rumours are claiming that Samsung is ditching the headphone jack on the Galaxy Note 10.
This rumours is particularly inconsistent. I’ve seen a back-and-forth regarding the headphone jack and whether it will feature on the Galaxy Note 10. So far, it’s looking less and less likely like the Galaxy Note 10 will have a headphone jack, if the information shared by Jon Prosser’s video from the “Front Page Tech” YouTube channel is accurate.
We’ll see and hear all about the Galaxy Note 10 on August 7.
Samsung will host its Galaxy Unpacked event on August 7, so we’ll most likely get all the details then.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.