- Actor and comedian Sacha Baron Cohen had harsh words for the country’s biggest tech companies while accepting the International Leadership Award from the Anti-Defamation League on Thursday.
- Cohen criticised online platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Google for generating “the greatest propaganda machine in history,” and giving violent extremists a platform to reach billions of people.
- Cohen called Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg‘s stance on free speech “ludicrous,” referring to Facebook’s unwillingness to remove political ads and other social media posts that contain intentional lies and misinformation.
- “Freedom of speech is not freedom of reach,” Cohen said during the 25-minute speech aimed at some of the world’s most powerful tech companies. You can watch Cohen’s full acceptance speech below, and read our complete breakdown for more context.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.