If you’re a software engineer contemplating your next move and/or want to see one of the coolest spots in NYC, join us on Saturday, October 15, on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange for SA500, a recruiting event that brings together 50 top NYC startups and 500 engineers. Business Insider’s Chief Architect, Pax Dickinson, will be there and will share details on our cutting-edge installation of MongoDB.
You’ll need to apply to get in. Hurry – there are still spots available. You’ll also hear speakers and see product demos throughout the day. There are also a few also remaining for companies to exhibit on the floor. Intrigued? Apply here.
SA500 is hosted by Next Jump and NYSE Euronext. Participating companies need to meet the following criteria:
- Headquartered on the East Coast
- Committing their Founders, CEOs and Heads of Engineering to attend in person
- Job openings to hire engineers over the next 12 months
Balls of Fury Ping Pong Tournament
Get you headband on and grab your paddle as Next Jump hosts the first annual “Balls of Fury” Ping Pong Championships at the conclusion of SA500. The first event of its kind, played in the hallowed halls of SPiN New York, Balls of Fury will offer three brackets for entry: women’s singles, men’s singles, and doubles. Inspired by Next Jump’s passion for ping pong and commitment to growth and fellowship in the NY tech scene, Balls of Fury promises a unique opportunity to compete, network, and prove your ping pong mettle.
Venue: SPiN New York, located at 48 East 23rd St (Corner of 23rd St. and Park Ave)
Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2011
Time: 6PM – Midnight
Visit www.nextjump.com/ballsoffury for registration and more information.
Attending companies other than Business Insider include:
1. 10Gen (MongoDB), Eliot Horowitz (CTO & Co-Founder )
2. Appnexus, Hagos Mehreteab (Director of Engineering)
3. Betaworks, Alex Lines (Head of Engineering)
4. Bit.ly, Todd Schwartz- CTO and Co-Founder
5. Boxee, Idan Cohen (Co-Founder, Head of Product)
6. Business Insider, Pax Dickinson (Chief Architect)
7. ChartBeat, Tony Haile (General Manager)
8. Etsy, Chad Dickerson (CEO)
9. Fog Creek Software, Michael Pryor (Cofounder)
10. Gilt, tbd on senior leader
11. hashable, tbd on senior leader
12. Hunch, Tom Pinckney (Co-Founder & VP, Engineering)
13. Intent Media, Josh Hartmann (CTO)
14. Knewton, Peter Miron (CTO)
15. Lot18, Adam Gotterer, VP Engineering
16. Meetup, Gary Burns (VP, Engineering)
17. MyCityWay, tbd on senior leader
18. Next Jump, Charlie Kim (Founder/CEO), Tom Fuller (Chief of Engineering)
19. Pixable, Inaki Berenguer (Co-Founder & CEO)
20. Rent The Runway, Jonathan Betz (Head of Engineering)
21. SecondMarket, Dominic Preuss (CPO)
22. Shelby.tv, Reece Pacheco (CEO)
23. Social Flow, Frank Speiser (CEO); Jeff Lanza (Principal Architect)
24. Stack Exchange, Michael Pryor (Co-Founder)
25. Sulia, Jon Glick (CEO)
26. “TheLadders, Nick Rockwell (CTO); Ofir Shalom (VP, Engineering)
27. Tumblr, Fredrik Nylander (Head of Operations)
28. Yodle, Court Cunningham (CEO)
29. Kayak, Paul English (CTO and Co-Founder)
30. Jumptap, Mark Ettrich (SVP, Engineering)
31. Wistia, Chris Savage (Co-Founder & CEO)
Hope to see you there.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.