- Ryan Reynolds participated in a virtual interview with “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” host Stephen Colbert on Wednesday and spoke about how he’s been coping with self-isolation as the coronavirus continues to spread.
- Reynolds lives with wife Blake Lively, his mother-in-law, and the couple’s three daughters.
- “I do not miss the masculine company at all,” the actor said.
- Reynolds added that he tries “not to push gender normative ideas,” but enjoys doing girly activities with them, like making dresses out of tissue paper.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“I do not miss the masculine company at all. Really, most men tend to just be the architects of someone’s demise,” Reynolds said during a virtual interview with “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” host Stephen Colbert on Wednesday.
The 43-year-old actor explained that he’s currently living with wife Blake Lively, his mother-in-law, and the couple’s kids: 5-year-old James, 3-year-old Inez, and their 8-month-old whose name they have yet to reveal.
“I like just being here with the girls,” Reynolds told Colbert. “I like doing the girl stuff. I try not to push gender normative ideas on my kids as they were born, but each one, when they came out that shoot, they really wanted to make dresses, they wanted to dress in hot pink all day, so that’s what I do. This morning I made dresses out of tissue paper, which was fun for them.”
“We’re developing the skills that are going to take us into the new world,” he joked.
The actor also said that he’s been spending his time these days “doing a lot of homeschooling” and some gardening. Plus, Lively will be giving him a haircut.
“We’re trying to make this an educational experience, but I’m mostly drinking,” the Aviation Gin owner said.
Watch the full interview below (Reynolds talks about his daughters at the start of the interview).
- Read more:
- Celebrities who have donated money amid the coronavirus pandemic
- Ryan Reynolds is nervous about wife Blake Lively giving him a quarantine haircut
- Ryan Reynolds takes a dig at celebrities in a funny video about staying home and washing your hands
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.