- A woman driving an RV led cops on a high-speed chase through Los Angeles Tuesday night.
- The chase started around 7 p.m. when the woman, who is suspected of buying the RV with a stolen ID, failed to yield, according to California Highway Patrol officials.
- She eventually lost control of the vehicle and crashed into another car in Tarzana just after 7:30 p.m.
- The suspect has been identified as 53-year-old Julie Ann Rainbird, according to NBC Los Angeles.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
A woman driving an RV led police on a high-speed chase through Los Angeles Tuesday night, crashing into multiple vehicles and ripping off a large part of the camper’s passenger side.
The chase started around 7 p.m. in Santa Clarita, when the driver failed to yield, the California Highway Patrol told ABC 7. It was initially reported that the woman was driving a stolen TV, but the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department later said that she is suspected of buying the RV with a stolen ID, according to KTLA.
Video shows the driver crashed into at least six vehicles during the chase through the San Fernando Valley, and sent two people to the hospital. At points the driver hit speeds over 60 mph, according to ACB 7.
At one point, a dog that was riding in the RV with the driver jumped out of the vehicle, after the windshield shattered.
News helicopter footage shows the dog running off once jumping out of the vehicle and onto the street. CHP told Fox 11 that the dog was later recovered and suffered minor injuries.
The chase came to an end just after 7:30 p.m., when the driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into another car and tree in Tarzana.
The driver continued to run from officers on foot, followed by a second dog. As she tried to jump the gate at a nearby residence, an officer tackled her to the ground.
Footage from the scene shows police interviewing the driver while her dog sat by her side. She has since been identified as 53-year-old Julie Ann Rainbird of Winnetka, according to NBC Los Angeles.
She was taken from the scene to a hospital to be treated for her injuries. The dog was checked out by a veterinarian, according to ABC 7.
ABC 7 reported that she is expected to be charged with driving under the influence, felony evading, and felony hit-and-run.
Watch the full chase from ABC 7 below:
- Read more:
- A former Somali army commander who worked as an Uber driver in Virginia has been found guilty of a war crime
- A couple in Spain discovered 80,000 bees living in their bedroom wall
- Dallas police believe they may have found a serial killer suspected of smothering elderly women with pillows before stealing their jewellery
- A woman has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for pretending to be a deputy to get her boyfriend out of jail
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.