- The Russian ruble is getting smoked, down 1.06% at 59.1059 per dollar, following an ABC News report suggesting that Michael Flynn will testify that President Donald Trump told him to contact Russians. No other media outlet has confirmed the report.
- The currency traded in a tight range near 58.50 over the past week or so as news flow surrounding the investigation hit a lull around the Thanksgiving holiday.
- A move through the 61.00 area would have the currency at its weakest level since January.
- Flynn, the former national security adviser, was charged Friday with one count of making false statements to federal investigators.
- He pleaded guilty to the charge and is cooperating with the investigation.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.