- Russell Wilson bought $US12,000 of Amazon stock for each of his 13 offensive linemen.
- Wilson wrote a letter to each lineman thanking them for their sacrifice and saying he wanted to help them invest in their future.
- Wilson signed a four-year, $US140 million contract extension with the Seahawks to become the highest-paid player in the NFL.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Russell Wilson became the highest-paid player in the NFL this year with a four-year, $US140 million contract extension with the Seattle Seahawks.
TMZ got a copy of the letter Wilson wrote to his linemen in which he thanked them for their sacrifice.
“You sacrifice your physical and mental well-being to protect me, which in turn allows me to provide and care for my family,” Wilson wrote. “This does not go unnoticed and it is never forgotten.”
Wilson wrote that he considered several ideas for gifts for the Seahawks, but ultimately settled on an investment in a company he thinks can “change the world.”
“We have to constantly prepare for life after football,” he wrote. “One of the ways I prepare is by investing in companies that I believe will grow and change the world. One of these companies is Amazon.”
He added: “You have invested in my life … this is my investment in yours.”
- Read more:
- NFL MOCK DRAFT: Here is what the experts are predicting for all 32 first-round picks
- The Cardinals hold the keys to the NFL draft, and some think it is not a lock for them to draft Kyler Murray
- Gregg Popovich spends an estimated 7 figures per year on team dinners and reportedly leaves $US10,000 tips, wads of cash, tickets to games, and bottles of his custom wine for staff
- The person who won $US1.19 million by betting $US85,000 on Tigers Woods to win the Masters had never bet on sports on before
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.