- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now husband and wife.
- Around 600 of their guests are now enjoying a fancy reception of food and drinks with a modern twist.
- Pol Roger champagne, langoustines wrapped in smoked salmon, and slow roasted Windsor pork belly are just some of the delicious-sounding items on offer.
And if you’re curious as to what they will be eating and drinking, then you’re in luck because Kensington Palace has shared a sneak peek of the entire menu.
First, guests will be treated to a selection of canapés, including:
- Scottish langoustines wrapped in smoked salmon with citrus crème fraiche
- Grilled English asparagus wrapped in Cumbrian ham
- Garden pea panna cotta with quail eggs and lemon verbena
- Heritage tomato and basil tartare with balsamic pearls
- Poached free range chicken bound in a lightly spiced yoghurt with roasted apricot
- Croquette of confit Windsor lamb, roasted vegetables and shallot jam
- Warm asparagus spears with mozzarella and sun-blush tomatoes
Guests will also be served a selection of bowl food, including:
- Fricassee of free range chicken with morel mushrooms and young leeks
- Pea and mint risotto with pea shoots, truffle oil and parmesan crisps
- Ten hour slow roasted Windsor pork belly with apple compote and crackling
Sweet canapés will also be served, including:
- Champagne and pistachio macaroons
- Orange crème brûlée tartlets
- Miniature rhubarb crumble tartlets
Guests will also be treated to Pol Roger Brut Réserve Non Vintage Champagne and a selection of wines to wash it all down. There will also be an apple and elderflower mocktail, made with the same syrup as wedding cake, and Sandringham Cox’s apple juice.
The cutting of the cake
The wedding cake is to be served at the Reception. It was designed by Claire Ptak and features elderflower syrup made at The Queen’s residence in Sandringham from the estate’s own elderflower trees, as well as a light sponge cake uniquely formulated for the couple. #royalwedding pic.twitter.com/kt5lE4tEn9
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) May 19, 2018
Harry and Meghan’s wedding cake, designed by Claire Ptak, will also be served at the reception. It features elderflower syrup made of the Sandringham estate’s own elderflower trees and a light sponge cake, filled with Amalfi lemon curd and elderflower buttercream, and decorated with Swiss meringue buttercream and 150 fresh flowers, including peonies and roses, which also adorned the chapel.
The newly weds will cut the wedding cake at the reception and there will be speeches from The Prince of Wales, Prince Harry and Meghan. The Duke of Cambridge, who is the best man, will compere at the Reception.
More on the royal wedding:
- Meet Meghan Markle’s bridesmaids – all of whom are under 10 years old
- Here’s why Meghan Markle doesn’t have a maid of honour
- The guests at the royal wedding are being given goodie bags – here’s what’s inside
- The odds that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s marriage will last forever, according to science
- Queen Elizabeth has a fortune worth over $US500 million – here’s how much the British royal family is worth
You can read all of INSIDER’s royal wedding coverage
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.