Iran will agree to a final nuclear accord with six major powers only if all sanctions imposed on the country over its disputed nuclear work are lifted, President Hassan Rouhani said in a televised speech on Thursday.
“We will not sign any deal unless all sanctions are lifted on the same day … We want a win-win deal for all parties involved in the nuclear talks,” Rouhani said.
The tentative deal between Iran and the six powers on curbing Iran’s nuclear work, reached a last week in the Swiss city of Lausanne, revived hopes of an end to sanctions in return for limits on the Iranian atomic program.
Iran wants sanctions to be lifted altogether and at once, but the United States made it clear on Monday that sanctions would have to be phased out gradually under the final nuclear pact.
A deadline for reaching the final agreement is June 30 and Iran, the United States,Germany, France, Britain, Russia and China are expected to meet in the coming days to discuss the deal.al.
More from Reuters:
- State does not plan to keep extra Renault shares: Macron
- India’s Ola raises about $US314 million in fresh funding: company filing
- Iran will sign final nuclear deal only if sanctions lifted: Rouhani
- India expects normal monsoon rains this year
- Former FAW-Volkswagen exec sentenced to life for corruption
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.