- Ron Paul was hospitalized on Friday after an apparent medical incident on a livestream.
- Paul, 85, was hospitalized in Texas for “precautionary reasons,” according to Fox News.
- A Fox News host said Paul was described as “lucid and optimistic.”
- Paul later tweeted a photo of himself giving a thumbs-up. “I am doing fine,” he said. “Thank you for your concern.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Ron Paul, a former presidential candidate and a pioneering figure in the libertarian movement, was hospitalized Friday after an apparent medical incident during a livestream on his YouTube channel.
Paul, 85, was talking about federal stimulus money when his speech began to slur.
He was hospitalized in Texas for “precautionary reasons,” according to Fox News.
A Fox News host said Paul was described as “lucid and optimistic.”
Later in the afternoon, Paul tweeted an update on his condition.
Message from Ron Paul: "I am doing fine. Thank you for your concern." pic.twitter.com/aALmLn8xIj
— Ron Paul (@RonPaul) September 25, 2020
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.