Mitt Romney’s dominance in the New Hampshire primary remains unchallenged.
The former Massachusetts governor holds a commanding lead over a crowded Republican field — with 35 per cent of likely primary voters backing him in the latest WMUR Granite State Poll.
U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann is the next closest contender, with the support of 12 per cent of primary voters.
Here is how the rest of the field performed:
- Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) — 7 per cent
- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani — 7 per cent (undeclared candidate)
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry — 4 per cent (undeclared candidate)
- Former Minn. Gov. Tim Pawlenty — 3 per cent
- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin — 3 per cent (undeclared candidate)
- Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman — 2 per cent
- Former Godfather Pizza CEO Herman Cain — 2 per cent
- Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich —1 per cent
- Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson — <1 per cent
- Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum — <1 per cent
- Former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer — <1 per cent
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.