Photo: Wikimedia Commons
We just got off AOL’s Q4 earnings call.Boy does CEO Tim Armstrong use lots of metaphors and analogies.
Here are few we picked up that Tim just used…
- AOL is currently in the middle of a “Winter luge,” much like the “summer sprint” from last year.
- 2011 is the year AOL stops its “turnaround” and begins its “comeback.”
- In the Groupon-like coupon business and social, we can all expect a “rolling thunder” of new products from AOL.
- “Our content strategy has to be built on throwing the ball to the open man.”
- “In the sporting world you have the red coats, and we’re the patriots.”
- “We have to stay the course and have fortitude to stay the course in the brand advertising space.”
Related: LEAKED: AOL’s Master Plan