Robert Shiller spoke with Bloomberg Television anchor Margaret Brennan about the new Case-Shiller index numbers, but also the impact of the BP oil leak on consumer sentiment.
- 0:33 This is a time of extraordinary uncertainty about home prices, particularly because stimulus measures are being withdrawn
- 1:25 The government’s measures brought sales forward, and its going to have an impact on the summer buying season
- 2:10 The double dip worry is on people’s minds and it could happen, with worries over Greece and the BP oil spill
- 2:55 BP oil spill damages our sense of confidence in our government and corporations; unpredictable how that will impact the market
- 3:50 The stock market rally has been amazing, volatility suggests higher risk going forward
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.