- The special counsel Robert Mueller on Friday submitted his final report on Russia’s interference in the 2016 election to Attorney General William Barr.
- According to multiple reports, Mueller is not recommending any further indictments as part of the report.
- Dozens of people were charged during Mueller’s investigation, including members of President Donald Trump’s campaign and transition team.
The special counsel Robert Mueller is not recommending any further indictments in his final report on Russian interference in the 2016 election.
A senior justice department official told multiple outlets that the final report, which Mueller submitted to Attorney General William Barr on Friday, does not contain any more indictments. So far, the Mueller team has indicted dozens of people as part of its probe, including Russian hackers and members of President Donald Trump’s campaign.
The submission of Mueller’s report to Barr concludes a nearly two-year investigation into Russian activity in the 2016 election and possible collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign.
Barr will now write a summary of Muller’s findings and submit that report to Congress, which will then make that summary public.
Democrats in Congress are already calling on Barr to release the entirety of the report to the public.
- Read more about the Russia investigation:
- Mueller turned his final report in to Attorney General William Barr, but the Russia probe is nowhere near finished
- Here’s what happens next now that Mueller has submitted his report on the Russia investigation
- Here’s what ‘collusion’ actually means, and whether members of Trump campaign could have broken the law
- Here’s everyone who has been charged and convicted in the Russia probe so far
- Democrats demand that Attorney General William Barr release special counsel Robert Mueller’s entire report on the Russia investigation
- Read Attorney General William Barr’s letter to Congress on Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation report
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.