- Ripple’s XRP, the third largest cryptocurrency by market cap, slumped as much as 20% Monday morning as all three of the world’s largest digital tokens came under pressure.
- XRP is currently trading at $US2.32, according to data from Markets Insider, and has a market cap of $US90 billion, according to coinmarketcap.com.
- The token is now down 38% from its all-time high, set earlier this month.
- Ripplehas been in the headlines a bunch over the past week thanks to the meteoric rise of XRP, which has made multi-millionaires out of those lucky enough to hold massive amounts, like Ripple co-founder Chris Larsen.
- Ethereum, which has leap frogged XRP for the number two slot by market cap, has also fallen by 5% Monday after hitting fresh highs earlier in the day.
- Bitcoin, far and away the largest cryptocurrency, was down 10%.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.