Photo: Screenshot from CNBC
Research In Motion revealed some bad news after the closing bell Tuesday that it had hired bankers to explore options and that it sees an operating loss in Q1. Following that announcement, shares of the Blackberry-maker were down more than 10% in pre-market trading on Wednesday.
Here’s a rundown of 10 hedge funds with the greatest stake RIMM, according to data from the latest 13F regulatory filings (3/31/2012) compiled by Bloomberg. One thing to note is hedge funds only have to report their long holdings in 13F regulatory filings.
- Renaissance Technologies ~7.29 million shares (1.39%)
- Goodman & Co. Investment Counsel ~4.65 million shares
- Discovery Capital ~4.59 million shares
- CI Investments ~3.19 million shares
- Two Sigma Investments ~3.12 million shares
- Coatue Management ~2.55 million shares
- DE Shaw ~1.83 million shares
- Polar Securities ~1.77 million shares
- Hexavest Inc. ~1.68 million shares
- Greenlight Capital ~1.6 million shares
According to the data compiled by Bloomberg, David Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital pared back its stake by more than 1.32 million shares in the most recent 13F regulatory filing.
Two Sigma cut its stake in its most recent quarterly filing by 692,910 shares.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.