Update: LIVE analysis here.
Earlier: BlackBerry maker Research In Motion reports Q4 earnings and Q1 guidance today after the bell. Join us for LIVE coverage beginning at 4 p.m. ET.
But it’s facing two big threats: Apple’s iPhone, which is destroying the competition with its App Store, and Google’s Android OS, which is getting major uptake from carriers and phone manufacturers.
So RIM will either get an opportunity today to either show that it’s still kicking butt, or that it’s beginning to lose its edge as competition heats up. Expectations are high — 25% top-line growth — with shares up almost 50% from lows last fall.
Join us for live analysis and coverage of RIM’s earnings call in about an hour.
- Revenue: $4.31 billion consensus (24.5% y/y growth), $4.5 billion high estimate
- EPS: $1.28 consensus, $1.32 high estimate
- Subscriber adds: 4.6 million (RBC estimate)
- Shipments: 11.2 million (RBC est.)
- Gross margins: 43.5% (RBC est.)
- Q1 guidance: Expected above $4.3 million revenue consensus, $1.22 EPS consensus, 4.4 million to 4.8 million expected sub. adds, 11.25 million to 11.75 million expected shipments.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.