- On Sunday, Rihanna stepped out in New York City wearing a pair of oversized, orange-tinted sunglasses, Vogue reported.
- The following day, the singer rocked a more opaque version of the sporty frames with the Fenty logo on the side, as Sheena Ward of Haus of Rihanna spotted.
- Giant, ski goggle-like frames began cropping up on runways in early 2018.
- They have since made their way into celebrities’ everyday wardrobes.
- Like Rihanna, stars like Kim Kardashian West and Jennifer Lopez have also ditched the tiny sunglasses trend.
Rihanna is the latest celebrity to trade in her tiny sunglasses for some much bigger frames.
On Sunday, the singer stepped out in New York City wearing a pair of oversized, orange-tinted sunglasses, embellished with metallic studs around the edges of the lens, Vogue reported.
The bold accessory, which features thick metal arms, added a pop of colour to Rihanna’s business-casual outfit, which consisted of a pinstripe blue blazer layered over a white hoodie and loose-fitting, wide-leg jeans.
Rihanna was spotted wearing another pair of sporty sunglasses when she attended 718 Spank’s concert in New York City on Monday.
This time, the singer opted for a more opaque, mirror-like lens, although the design of the frames looked similar to the orange-tinted sunglasses she wore the day before.
As Sheena Ward of Haus of Rihanna, a popular Rihanna fashion blog, pointed out, the glasses also featured the Fenty logo on the side – a possible sign that the frames are part of a yet-to-be-released collection from the singer.
Rihanna paired the sunglasses with an oversized black blazer with bell sleeves, a long-sleeved neon green shirt, black skinny jeans, and black stiletto boots.
Giant, ski goggle-like frames began cropping up on runways in early 2018 and have since made their way into celebrities’ everyday wardrobes.
Like Rihanna, some of Hollywood’s biggest stars have retired the tiny sunglasses look – one of fashion’s most divisive trends over the past few years – for good.
The earliest converts to the oversized sunglasses trend include, among others, Kim Kardashian West and Jennifer Lopez.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- Rihanna dropped a new Fenty Beauty concealer with a whopping 50 shades to choose from
- Rihanna has a reported net worth of $US260 million. Here’s how she built her diverse empire.
- I ate like Rihanna for a week, and I could have kept going
- Rihanna wore underwear in broad daylight, and you probably didn’t even notice
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.