Some companies have great customer service.
StellaService conducted a survey to find out which companies executed the best customer service from August-October 2015.
StellaService measured companies based on several tenets of customer service: in-store service, phone service, email service, chatting, shipping, and return policies.
These companies came out on top overall. It might be worth keeping in mind during the gift-giving season.
25. Express (clothing retailer)
24. J&P Cycles (motorcycles/motorcycle parts)
23. Brooks brothers (clothing retailer)
22. 1-800-Flowers (florist)
21. Ralph Lauren (clothing brand)
20. Moda Operandi (online luxury clothing retailer)
19. Swanson Vitamins (online health store)
18. Nordstrom (department store)
17. Vitamin Shoppe (health store)
16. J. Crew (clothing retailer)
15. Bass Pro Shops (fishing/hunting/outdoor gear)
14. Apple (technology — hardware and software)
13. Barneys (luxury department store)
12. Sierra Trading Company (off-price retailer)
11. RevZilla (motorcycle apparel and gear)
10. David Yurman (luxury jeweller)
9. iHerb (health store)
8. Coach (handbags, apparel, accessories)
7. Kate Spade (handbags, apparel, accessories)
6. Zappos (online retailer specializing in footwear)
5. Burberry (luxury designer known for its bags, coats, and scarves)
4. MR PORTER (online retailer for men)
3. Shopbop (online retailer)
2. Net-A-Porter (online retailer)
1. LL Bean (heritage retailer)
According to the report, LL Bean came out on top because the company’s customer service representatives consistently respond to all inquiries — and quickly, as well. StellaService’s analysts claimed that during the study, they were able to speak to live LL Bean representatives in under 30 seconds when they called, and in less than an hour when they emailed the company.
However, even though LL Bean came out on top overall, it wasn’t the highest-rated for any individual category. Net-A-Porter had the best phone-based customer service, Best Buy had the best shipping, Burberry had the best customer service for returns, and iHerb came out on top for email and chat-based responses.