Research in Motion (RIMM) reports Thursday after the close. The leader in corporate smart-gadgets, RIMM is busy trying to power through:
- a credit crisis that is drubbing the financial services industry (a major client sector),
- a slowdown in consumer spending,
- a slowdown in enterprise spending, and
- potentially fierce if future competition from Apple’s iPhone.
Management’s commentary about the above topics on the quarterly conference call will therefore be as important as the quarterly results.
As for the results, here’s what Wall Street is looking for with respect to the critical metrics:
- Revenue: $1.65 billion
- EPS: $0.62
- Devices Sold: 3.65 million
- Average Selling Price (ASP): $340
- Net subscriber adds: 1.7 million
These expectations are generally in the upper end of RIMM’s guidance, which is where RIMM’s results normally fall.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.