- Actors Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston both shared Instagram photos of themselves lucking out at the 2020 Golden Globes with glasses of champagne from rapper Jay-Z.
- Making a surprise appearance at the awards show with Beyoncé after skipping the red carpet, it looked like Jay and Bey brought two of their own bottles of champagne to the event – despite the fact the awards ceremony was sponsored by Moet.
- Jay-Z owns a stake in drinks brand Armand de Brignac, which produces bottles of the gold “Ace of Spades” champagne.
- Aniston revealed in an Instagram story that Witherspoon took charge and asked the rapper for a glass of the bubbly after their table ran out of water.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more details.
Reese Witherspoon took matters into her own hands when her table at this year’s Golden Globes ran out of water, by asking Jay-Z if they could have a glass of his own-brand champagne which he had apparently brought with him to the awards show on Sunday.
To recap, Beyoncé and Jay-Z skipped the red carpet at the Golden Globes, which led many to believe that the power-couple weren’t attending even though B was also nominated this year for best original song with “Spirit” for “The Lion King.” However, as Jay and Bey made a surprise appearance, it looked like one of their bodyguards was standing with two gold bottles of champagne behind his back.
LA Times journalist Amy Kaufman who was covering the event was the first to notice the bottles with this tweet: “@Beyonce and Jay-Z just walked in. They’re waiting until Kate McKinnon finishes speaking to take their seats. Is their bodyguard carrying bottles of alc for them?”
— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) January 6, 2020
On Monday, Witherspoon shared highlights of the night before to her Instagram stories, showing a picture of her and Jen raising a glass of fizz each. Witherspoon captioned the post: “When Jay-Z gave us his #AceofSpade champagne, we were like (heart-eyes cat emoji)” while tagging the Golden Globes, Jennifer Aniston, and film producer Kristin Hahn.
Aniston then posted the same picture to her Instagram stories, but gave a little background as to how they ended up sipping on Jay-Z’s booze, writing: “Reese!? This is one of the many reasons I love you. We ran out of water at our table so naturally, she asked Jay-Z and Beyoncé for a glass of their champagne.”
Aniston then followed the admission with a close-up picture of herself delicately sipping from the flute, while tagging Witherspoon and Queen B herself.
Armand de Brignac “Ace of Spades” bottles cost upwards of $US300 each, so it’s no wonder Aniston looked like she was making that incredibly expensive glass last.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.