A US-bound United Airlines flight is returning to London’s Heathrow airport following a maintenance issue, the airline said in a statement Wednesday.
Flight UA28 to Newark, New Jersey, had been circling off the south coast of England for about two hours.
“United Airlines flight UA28 … with 227 customers and a crew of 13 on board, is returning to Heathrow because of a maintenance issue,” United said in a statement emailed to Reuters.
(Reporting by Sarah Young; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
More from Reuters:
- Kenya Parliament To Vote On Amendments Meant To Improve Security
- Cuban President To Make Announcement On U.S. Relations
- Amazon Workers In Germany Extend Strike
- Myanmar Court Jails Former Opposition Official Accused Of Insulting Buddhism
- Cuba Releases American Alan Gross After Five Years In Prison: U.S. Official
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.