Strong sales of small SUVs will help push U.S. July auto sales to a 3.2 per cent gain as full-year sales are headed to 17.1 million vehicles, J.D. Power and LMC Automotive forecast on Friday.
Sales are forecast at 1.48 million vehicles, up 3.2 per cent from last July, the industry consultancies said. Retail sales will show the strongest July since 2005, they said.
JD Power and LMC Automotive said the seasonally adjusted annualized sales rate for July will be 17.2 million vehicles.
Major automakers report U.S. July sales on August 3.
(Reporting by Bernie Woodall; Editing by Andrew Hay)
More from Reuters:
- China’s Huawei to instal 4,000 km of fibre optics in Guinea
- Quitting smoking may ease hot flashes
- Nikkei and the FT: a meeting of minds or culture clash?
- SUV sales to help push U.S. July auto sales up 3.2 per cent: JD Power
- Judge rules Chicago pension reform law is unconstitutional
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.