A Qatar Airways flight from New York was forced to make an unscheduled landing at a British airport because of a disruptive passenger, local police said Thursday.
“It would appear the staff had to restrain a male during the flight and the pilot had to re-route and land at Manchester. Police attended and have arrested the male,” a police representative said.
The airport had earlier said the flight, which was headed to Doha, was diverted because of a minor medical issue.
(Reporting by William James; Editing by Louise Ireland and Susan Thomas)
More from Reuters:
- Seven Killed In Clashes Between Yemen’s Army And Tribesmen: Local Officials
- Jeb Bush Resigns From Rayonier’s Board
- Turkish Leftist Group Claims Responsibility For Istanbul Police Attack
- Italian Ebola Patient Released From Hospital In Rome
- FDA Allows Testing Of Aethlon’s Device In Ebola Patients
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.