Poland has received a request to extradite filmmaker Roman Polanski to the United States, where he is wanted over a 1977 child sex crime conviction, state news agency PAP quoted the prosecutor-general’s office as saying on Wednesday.
Polanski, who was born to Polish parents but lives in France, has been spending time in the southern Polish city of Krakow, where he is planning to shoot a film.
(Reporting by Marcin Goclowski and Wiktor Szary; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by Adrian Krajewski)
More from Reuters:
- Senator To Urge Tighter Screening For All Airport Workers
- Falling Crude Oil Imports Push U.S. Trade Deficit To 11-month Low
- Three Soldiers Killed As Ukraine Marks Orthodox Christmas
- U.S. Private Sector Adds 241,000 Workers In December: ADP
- Greek Euro Exit, Debt Rescheduling Not On Agenda: Moscovici To Le Monde
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.